The management of the Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) has announced the date of resumption of academic activities.
NMU Resumption Date for Staff and Students
This is to inform staff and students that, the Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko, which was shut down for academic activities owing to students unrest, in March 2021, has been scheduled to reopen for academic activities, as follows:
- Resumption/Return of Students: Sunday, 9th May, 2021;
- Lectures/revision resumes on Monday, 10th May 2021;
- Examinations (2nd Semester of 2019/2020 Session) to commence on Monday 24th May 2021;
- Any student who is yet to pay his/her school fees should do so, as no defaulting student would be allowed into campus;
I am to further inform you that, arising from the violent students unrest that accounted for wanton destruction of properties and breakdown of law and order in the University, between 7th and 8th of March, 2021, Management, has, upon thorough evaluation, decided that, viz:
- All returning students shall commit to STUDENT’S UNDERTAKING OF GOOD CONDUCT, to be executed in the prescribed format;
- Each returning student shall pay a Restitution Levy of N26,500, to cover the cost of damages caused by the violent unrest, and show evidence of such payment, as a prerequisite for access to Campus;
And, that, all payments shall be made to NIGERIA MARITIME UNIVERSITY CBN ACCOUNT NO. 0240522761018 (through REMITA), with specific Purpose, as follows:
- School fees: All School fees to be paid to ‘SCHOOL FEES ACCOUNT’
- Restitution Levy: payment pertaining to Restitution should be paid to ‘CAUTION FEE ACCOUNT’
This is for your information and strict compliance, please.